I’m late, I’m late!
Actually, I’ve been pretty busy and haven’t had a chance to transfer the photos and set up the post until now. Oh, and yesterday I went fabric shopping and got some more knit for another t-shirt (this time it’s raspberry!), some coarse wool for sleeves for my doublet, and some more possible rayon-poly-lycra for trousers or skirts. I only got 2m though without realizing it’s only 140cm wide. So I’m not sure about trousers, but I will definitely make a skirt!
Today is mostly a PJ day as I’m cleaning and cooking and sewing. I want to try the Pipi Shell again, without making mistakes with the binding (my error as I didn’t adjust all the pattern pieces!) and with a few more adjustments so the fit is more like my Tee. I also have the Janthina Shell that I had to pause on because of an Out Of Tape Error. I’ll be trying that one in a linen knit, assuming I have enough for a double layer in at least the front. I’ve been warned that the linen knits can go sheer…
Anyways, here’s what I wore this week! Not all have pictures, as I helped my brother move some stuff last Saturday so wore only me-made undies, and spent most of Sunday in my PJs sewing.
Day 9: Me made undies, oooooold dress pants I altered, oooooold t-shirt. No picture!
Day 10: PJs, and sewing… The picture does not showcase the loveliness of the pattern I tested though, as I made some errors and made it out of envelope with no waist shaping. What a silly thing to do with my shape. :)
Day 11: I forgot to take a picture? I have no idea what I wore. Probably those purple pants…
Day 12: Belcarra blouse out of the softest voile, Hummingbird skirt. I really like the Hummingbird in the short version, but when you’re active and have a long stride, the hem is NOT big enough for a non-stretch woven! I’ve worn-to-death two of these skirts, and what happens is the seams pop open at the hem. Whoops!
Day 13: New skirt from stretch bengaline! Hummingbird in the front, “flippy” skirt a friend drafted and made for me in 2007 for the back. The front of the drafted pattern matched the Hummingbird, and I added 3″ to the back. After wearing it for the day took those 3″ back out. I forgot it had been drafted for stretch fabrics. Yes, I’ve been the same size for almost a decade.
Day 16: Purple wide leg Barb’s Stretch Pants, that I’ve realized need some adjusting in the back… and new shoes that I didn’t manage to get into frame! I’ll be pulling out the top stitching, seams, AND serging to add a gore to the back inseam of those pants. Sigh. But after taking photos of my backside, I can see they’re pretty darn bad. I wouldn’t buy pants that fit that poorly so I’ll make the adjustments. It might be easier to just make a new pair, but this way I’m not wasting fabric…