It’s actually not too bad! I cut the 40C, and did a 3″ FBA (so 1.5″ spread across the nipple area), and then increased the overlap by 1cm. I also ended up unpicking the front to pull the crossover down to make it lay flatter against my chest. Hmm. Not 100% successful.
I think what I need to do is pinch out from the arm to the neckline (1″ at the neckline, reducing to nothing at the arm) just like I did for my last Blank Canvas Tee. I did stretch the binding slightly as I placed it, so this really shouldn’t be happening. I think it’s an artifact of having rather large breasts on a small rib cage.
There’s also a little pooling under the bust that I’ve already snipped off the pattern. And I have to do a better job of the flipping gathers next time! Yeesh! Gathers belong under the bosom, not in the centre front!
I also hope for a little more overlap on the next one. This is one of my lower bras. You can sort of see my mole if you click on the top picture… that’s where the crossover needs to happen!
So there you go. Tiramisu 1. I have a couple changes to make (I think it’s too long all over, looking at my horrible mirror pictures.), but so far, so good.